Ely Markets is part of East Cambridgeshire District Council’s trading arm, East Cambs Trading Company.
Ely Markets are committed to protecting the privacy of our users, traders and customers. This privacy notice is intended to inform you on how we gather, define and use your information. All your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We commit to:
- Only keep your data to provide services
- Keep your records safe and accurate
- Only keep your data as long as we have to
- Collect, store and use your data in a way that does not break any data protection laws
When you use this website you are agreeing to this statement and any additional privacy statements on individual pages within the website.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal data as vital to maintaining the confidence of the many people we deal with. Data protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so, this includes sharing it outside the Ely Markets. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons – a lawful basis to process:
- When you consent to it, or
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- Fulfilling a vital interest on behalf of the data subject, or
- Fulfilling a public task, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest
Any personal information you give us will only be used in accordance with principles found in the General Data Protection Regulations. For more information about the General Data Protection Regulations visit: www.ico.org.uk
What information will we collect about you?
If you ask us to contact you we will require personal information from you in order for us to respond to your enquiry. This information will include your name and contact details. If you enquiry is regarding trading on Ely Markets, as this progresses we will require further information in order to fulfil a contract with you.
How we use your information
We use your personal information to deliver services, fulfil an obligation or answer queries you have. Only those authorised to process your data can access your data. We work hard to ensure our staff can only see the data they need to perform their tasks. All our staff are trained to understand data protection and what they need to do to keep your data secure.
What if I choose not to give personal information?
We may need to collect personal information in relation to legitimate interest or under the terms of a contract we have with you. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. Any data collection that is optional will be made clear at the point of collection.
Your rights relating to your information
- The right to be informed – this is the information given to you in a privacy notice
- The right of access – you can see the personal information we hold about you
- The right to rectification – if you feel your information is incorrect you can ask for it to be corrected
- The right to erase – there are some circumstances when you can ask for your personal information to be erased
- The right to restrict processing – there are some circumstances when you can ask for the processing of your personal information to be restricted
- The right to data portability – you may request to acquire and reuse your personal information for your own purposes
- The right to object – you can object to processing if you feel your personal information is not being used for the purposes that you gave it to us for
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – you have the right to know if your personal information is used in an automated process which could result in an unfavourable decision against you.
The legal basis for processing your information
We process your information under legitimate interest and in some circumstances it will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a contract. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from assisting you. Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
How we share your information
Information held by Ely Markets is solely used for providing services to customers and traders and is not made available to any other party other than for the purpose of protecting funds, preventing or detecting crime and checking the accuracy of information.
How long we hold your information
We keep your information for as long as required according to the specific retention policy of the nature of your enquiry or contract. This may vary according to National Law. All of your data is stored with the European Union (EU).
Your right to access your information
In regards to all of the above you can request access to information that we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request; you will need to request this information in writing and you will be required to provide proof of identity. We must respond to you within one calendar month (however if we feel the request is complex we may ask for an extension of this period).
If the information we provide is incorrect you must write to us and tell us what information is incorrect and ask that it be corrected. If we do not agree that the information is incorrect you may ask us to record your disagreement. There is no charge for this service; however a charge may be incurred if the request is deemed to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. In certain circumstances, it may be the case that your request is denied and will write to you and inform you if that is the case.
Where can I find more information about my rights?
The Government has set out a number of data protection principles and rights for you that we must follow when using your personal data. These principles and rights are detailed in the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you wish to complain about the way in which your request has been processed then your complaint will be dealt in accordance with our Complaint’s Procedure, if you are still unhappy with the decision, you have a right of appeal to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office)
Other legal requirements in regards to personal information
The information you give when you complete and return a form electronically or on paper will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Contacting Ely Markets
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our Cookies policy please contact: The Data Protection Officer, Ely Markets, c/o The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy